[Asterisk-Dev] Any experience with G3R setup

Schaefer, Mark Mark.Schaefer at ONSTAR.com
Thu Sep 23 18:17:40 MST 2004

Hi,
	Let me preface this by saying that I know this truly belongs on the
-users list, but I'm not subscribed to this list.  I'm trying to get an
Asterisk PBX hooked up as a line-side device on an Avaya G3R switch.  I had
Avaya level 3 tech support on the phone and looking at the switch piece of
it to no avail.

Here's my summary of the Asterisk setup:

23 bchan, 1 dchan
pri_cpe (we also tried to hook it up pri_net)
esf/b8zs
national
TE405P Digium card

The G3R (I wasn't doing the configuration) was set up a couple of different
ways, mostly in accordance with the Wiki entry as well as some Cisco
documentation.

The best we could do was:
d-channel comes up:
Asterisk and G3R trade SABME's
T200 timer expires
d-channel drops
more SABME's

Is there anyone who has experience hooking a G3R up?

Thanks,

Mark
P.S.  I can move this to the users list, but I've got basically until Monday
to get this working...  Right now, I'm going to take the network T1's out of
the G3R and run everything with Asterisk directly, but our lab will
eventually require 10 network and 14 lineside T1's, which is way out of the
Asterisk arena.