[Asterisk-Dev] Case studies for 120 simultaneous calls on IVR

Régis MARTIN tornad-asterisk at tornad.net
Fri Sep 24 04:11:38 MST 2004

Hi,

We’re going to build an IVR system with a TE405P and 4 E1. We’re sure that
the 120 channels will be filled by 120 simultaneous calls during peak, so we
want to have the good server to manage this.

We wonder a lot of things and maybe you could help us.

- Are you ever build a similar system ?

- What hardware is the most adapted for this type of use ?

- What is the most important ? (lot of memory ?, ultra speed CPU ?, Good
disk ?)

- Does linux use the advantage of Xeon processor ? so we must buy Xeon ?

I looked in the wiki but I have not found case studies on this type of use.

For the moment, the IVR will be managed by AGI and perl. Is there more
efficient to use AGI and C ?

Thanks for your support

Régis