[Asterisk-Dev] Open Sourcing a Predictive Dialer

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Wed Sep 22 10:12:10 MST 2004

Currently, we are building a full on predictive dialer for Asterisk
implemented solely via PHP & 2 Cron scripts. Our intent is to create a
generic Predictive Dialer which works without any changes to the
Asterisk internals, and which can be integrated into a variety of
applications -- Web based, conventional Agent Logins, etc.

Eventually, we will be deploying an XUL app for our sales & support
system. We are writing an XPCOM interface for a SIP library (and the XUL
components). Currently we are using kphone and kiosk (FireFox) terminals
for a standard web-deployed application, which integrates with Asterisk.
Our first predictive dialer attempt did not succeed that well, as our
developers were inexperienced with correctly implementing a predictive
dialer.

We are looking for individuals/companies who would like to contribute to
this kind of a project. Namely, any thoughts on design issues, best
implementation approach, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

We would open source some of the components, in order to contribute
back.

-Ken Shaw...