[Asterisk-Dev] Hardware details for the Digium TDM400P

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Sun Sep 19 06:49:45 MST 2004

list at asd-group.com wrote:

>I was planning on using the C137 with the 120w PSU, so that sounds great. I
>take it you're using the dual PCI riser - I'm amazed that two TDM cards run
>together in what is essentially a single PCI slot (shared interrupt), as
>someone said that a TDM really needed a dedicated interrupt, but its great
>that they obviously do. I want to use a WLAN card in my C137, along with the
>TDM card, so it sounds like that should be OK.

Actually, the TDMs get 2 different IRQs. I think the riser is a special
type that allows that. As I mentioned in my earlier post, Mini-ITX has
no APIC, so you'll probably have to disable quite a few on-board devices
to free up IRQs.

>Speaking of which, do you know if the TDM drivers support fax and modem tone
>detection (I need to 'forward' incoming fax & modem calls to a faxmodem)?

Yes, Asterisk already has the capability to detect fax calls (on the Zap
channels) and forward to a 'fax' extension. As for modem tone, I'm not
so sure. But, I believe it can be done. Steve Underwood is the expert on
the DSP, his spandsp code is able do fax send/receive on the TDM cards
without any extra DSP.