[Asterisk-Dev] Hardware details for the Digium TDM400P

list at asd-group.com list at asd-group.com
Sun Sep 19 07:46:32 MST 2004

> Actually, the TDMs get 2 different IRQs. I think the riser is a special

Superb!

> type that allows that. As I mentioned in my earlier post, Mini-ITX has

Yes I know that. Not quite sure what I'll disable as I need both PCI slots,
both LANs, both COM ports and several USB ports, but I'll think of something
:)

> Yes, Asterisk already has the capability to detect fax calls (on the Zap
> channels) and forward to a 'fax' extension. As for modem tone, I'm not
> so sure. But, I believe it can be done. Steve Underwood is the expert on
> the DSP, his spandsp code is able do fax send/receive on the TDM cards
> without any extra DSP.

Even more superb! If Steve is reading this then maybe he can comment.

I'm just reading the new Asterisk doc now - really looking forward to
getting some hardware and getting stuck in to it all. I almost want it not
to work so I can learn more by fixing it ;-)