[Asterisk-Dev] Hardware details for the Digium TDM400P

list at asd-group.com list at asd-group.com
Sat Sep 18 21:26:21 MST 2004

> I've 2x TDM04B (that's the 4-FXO version) running on a Mini-ITX CL10000
> mobo with 1GHz Nehemiah. Just make sure you have a casing with
> sufficient power. I'm using the C137 with 90W PSU. I'm planning to
> switch to C146 rackmount, in order to use 2x3.5" HDD. 2.5" HDD are

I was planning on using the C137 with the 120w PSU, so that sounds great. I
take it you're using the dual PCI riser - I'm amazed that two TDM cards run
together in what is essentially a single PCI slot (shared interrupt), as
someone said that a TDM really needed a dedicated interrupt, but its great
that they obviously do. I want to use a WLAN card in my C137, along with the
TDM card, so it sounds like that should be OK.

> The TDM cards are just DAA (for FXOs) and ProSLIC (for FXS - Si3210)...

Thanks - that's the single most useful bit of info I've found yet. I can now
dig out some data sheets. "Softmodem" was the first thing that I did think,
BTW! Unfortunately the DSP maths are way beyond me, but I guess as long as
the routines work...!

Speaking of which, do you know if the TDM drivers support fax and modem tone
detection (I need to 'forward' incoming fax & modem calls to a faxmodem)?

Thanks again for that info - very valuable. I'm just about convinced that
the TDMxxx/Asterisk are the ones for me now. It means that the C137 box will
be Linux not WS2003 as planned, which creates grief in other areas (esp as
I'm not very familiar with it) but I think it will end up worth it.