[Asterisk-Dev] Hardware details for the Digium TDM400P

list at asd-group.com list at asd-group.com
Sat Sep 18 05:30:36 MST 2004

Hello all,

Is anyone away of where there are some basic hardware/functional specs for the above card??

I’ve spent a frustrating day searching around and come up with nothing. What processing does it do on-card? What is left to software? What are its limitations? How does it interface with the PC? What does a driver have to do?

No answers so far ☹

I’m looking for a telephony card which does a reasonable amount of processing on-board so that the PC isn’t overstretched or interrupted too often (it will be going in a Via EPIA system, which has one physical PCI slot with a riser that has to accommodate a WLAN card too, so it *has* to share an interrupt). I’m a bit concerned from what I’ve read that the TDM400P might be fairly unintelligent, leave most work to the PC, and interrupt it a lot.

But I need some details to work from.

<flame-proof shorts>

I might then be able get the appropriate code from Asterix ported into a Win32 driver and TAPI provider, for those of us that are stuck in that world.

</flame-proof shorts>

Any links to info, or even direct tidbits of knowledge, would be most welcome.

Ta,
NBC