[Asterisk-Dev] Hardware details for the Digium TDM400P

Sat Sep 18 07:57:27 MST 2004

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:30:36 +0800, list at asd-group.com
<list at asd-group.com> wrote:
> I've spent a frustrating day searching around and come up with nothing.

You can always read the Zaptel driver source code ;-)

>What processing does it do on-card? What is left to software?

The philosophy of Zaptel is to avoid any DSP logic on the interface
card and replace that circuitry with software.

http://www.zapatatelephony.org

> I'm looking for a telephony card which does a reasonable amount of processing on-board so that the PC isn't overstretched or interrupted too often

In that case Zaptel is probably not for you.

>I've read that the TDM400P might be fairly unintelligent, leave most
work to the PC, and interrupt it a lot.

That is correct.

> I might then be able get the appropriate code from Asterix ported into a Win32 driver and TAPI provider, for those of us that are stuck in that world.

First of all, it is Asterisk, not Asterix. Second, Asterisk has little
to do with the signal processing. The work is done by the Zaptel
drivers and all Asterisk does is provide an API to talk to the
drivers.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.