[Asterisk-Dev] MeetMe with SMP and no USB

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Sep 8 08:26:48 MST 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 10:03, Matthew Boehm wrote:
> That's a $100 card and I'd really rather not add more hardware to this
> machine. It might not even have an open slot for it. If it does, does
> anything need to be plugged into the card to use it for MeetMe or can it
> work without anything.
>
> This seemed more like a dev issue since I'm dealing with source code,
> timers, and hardware.

The MeetMe app requires a 1000Hz clock for timing.  This is the timing within
the Zaptel hardware.  The UHCI USB interface can be made to provide this, as
it also generates a 1000Hz clock signal.  While there are other sources of
timing available, they are either not available or they do not provide a
perfect 1000Hz timing source.

You're certainly welcome to moan and complain (preferably off list) for $100
worth of your time, but it isn't going to do any good, and with that $100, you
could have saved it and plunked it down for an X100P.

--
Tilghman