[Asterisk-Dev] Cisco 7914 Potentially Available for chan_sccp developers

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Tue Oct 19 12:40:24 MST 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 02:48:52PM +0200, Jan Czmok spake thusly:
> Bryan Vyhmeister (asterisk at bsdjournal.net) wrote:
> > I have a Cisco 7914 Expansion Module and desk stand for 7960 plus 7914
> > that I would be willing to make available for chan_sccp development. Is
> > anyone interested?
> >

> Thanks for the offer, i personally already got a 7914 plus 7960. I'll
> ask the other developers if they have interest in.

I am trying to get my 7914 working with asterisk 1.0.0 and the latest
chan_sccp checked out from cvs as of 4 days ago. If I run asterisk from
safe_asterisk (and all of the command line options it tacks on) asterisk
dies and safe_asterisk just loops. If I start asterisk with no command
line options and then connect to it with -r it runs fine for a while but
eventually the phone does something and it segfaults. It seems that
whenever the SCCP device goes down asterisk segfaults:

Oct 19 12:03:46 ERROR[-1248207952]: sccp_device.c:56 sccp_session_send:
Tried to send packet over DOWN device.

*CLI> Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe
Segmentation fault

or:

Oct 19 11:50:43 WARNING[-1250309200]: sccp_sched.c:65 >
sccp_sched_keepalive: Dead SCCP client: SEP001192CD770E
(0x80fbf20/0x8149af8)

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It looks like whenever the phone reboots it kills *

I currently don't have it configured for any lines because I have not yet
figured out how to do that.

When the phone boots up it says "Error verifying config info". If I try to
make a call it says:

Oct 19 12:09:38 ERROR[-1248207952]: sccp_device.c:368
sccp_dev_allocate_channel: Tried to open channel on a device with no
selected line

I have a core file but I doubt it would be useful to you without my
binaries. The ultimate goal here is to get a 7914 operator console working
with a 7960.

I have followed the instructions in the README that comes with chan_sccp
as best I can and have put the XMLDefault.cnf.xml file in my tftproot dir,
changed the IP in it, made asterisk not load the old sccp module and to
load the new one,

Also all of the lights on my 7914 are red and in the settings it says
there are no add on modules.

Ok, following the example at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-SCCP-HOWTO2 I
got my sccp.conf file set up correctly so that the phone is configured
with a line so it can now make calls out. However, when I press "end call"
to end the call it says "That key is not active here". If I pick up the
handset and put it back down (I started this call on speakerphone) the
console says:

Oct 19 12:45:26 ERROR[-1248207952]: sccp_actions.c:449 sccp_handle_onhook:
Erp, tried to hangup when we didn't have an active channel?!

I can't get this call to hang up!

sccp reset <MAC> did the trick. Although I tried the device name etc
first. The help sccp reset should say something about having to use the
MAC address.

Apparently the message button does not yet work.

Oct 19 12:50:08 NOTICE[-1248207952]: sccp_actions.c:343
sccp_handle_stimulus: VM Button is not yet handled. working on
implementation

That's a bummer.

And I haven't even started trying to get the 7914 working yet!

--
Tracy Reed                     The attachment is a digital signature.
http://copilotconsulting.com   More info: http://copilotconsulting.com/sig