[Asterisk-Dev] Cisco 7914 Potentially Available for chan_sccp developers

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Tue Oct 19 12:58:46 MST 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 12:40:24PM -0700, Tracy R Reed spake thusly:
> I am trying to get my 7914 working with asterisk 1.0.0 and the latest

A few more things while I'm at it:

The wiki page with the 7914-HOWTO says:

    * 1. Configure the /etc/asterisk/sccp.conf according to our example to
support the 7914

I assume they mean the conf/sccp.conf that comes with the chan_sccp code.
But 7914 is not mentioned anywhere in that file, not even  in the list of
devices is claims to support. I don't see anything special or particular
in that file needed to enable the 7914.

    * 2. Configure the XMLDEFAULT.CNF.XML to include the extension phone
load

Extension phone load? What does this mean? Do I need special firmware to
flash the 7960 with to make it use the 7914?

    * 3. Configure the Phone specific file SEP<mac>.xml.conf to include
the specific 7914 parameters

I take it this means to add the line:

<loadInformation124  model="Addon 7914"></loadInformation124>

to the SEP<mac>.xml.conf file? Is this what step 2 was talking about also?

--
Tracy Reed                     The attachment is a digital signature.
http://copilotconsulting.com   More info: http://copilotconsulting.com/sig