[Asterisk-Dev] Cisco 7914 Potentially Available for chan_sccp developers

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Mon Oct 4 22:13:41 MST 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 07:26:55PM +0200, Jan Czmok arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Bryan Vyhmeister (asterisk at bsdjournal.net) wrote:
> > Thanks for your work on chan_sccp. I have been using it with my 7920 for
> > a while now with great success until the latest cvs of asterisk where it
> > kills asterisk. I expect those kind of issues from time to time. It's
> > the price I pay for staying up to date.
>
> Hi Bryan,
>
> in the name of the team i say thank you for the honor :-)
>
> We'll try to keep up to date as fast as possible...
>
> > I noticed on the donation page that a voice router, i.e. 1751-V or
> > 1760-V with CCME is needed. Is that still the case? I had been using a
> > 1751-V to run the 7920 a little while back but I would rather that
> > chan_sccp development move forward and use the 7920 that way.
>
> Yes it is still the case.
>

> > Is the donation page correct about what is needed hardware wise? Is
> > anything else needed?
> >

> Needed resources are:

> 	- Cisco Router with Voice capability (e.g. 1751V or similar)
> 	- CallManager Express or CallManager (CCME should be no problem
> 	  with a 1751V, but memory should be upgraded to handle the ccme
> 	  image).
> 	- some small donation of pizza + cola money to keep the
> 	  developers happy :-) [and probably their girlfriends]
Also if anyone is in australia and able to donate/sell cheaply/loan any 79XX
phone I'd like to hear from you, there's a fair bit of new code that
needs testing on the newer phones (as the old 12SP/30VIP phones react
differently to some commands). (eg, the vm button, inital support for
hold button, better speed dial functions)

I've put through a lot of cleanup patches to prevent possible issues
(checking through gcc -Weverything and splint reports etc.), so there
should now be fewer possible issues, but any segfaults are very bad and
we'd like to hear about them.

> In terms of phone support:
>
> 	- Cisco 7970 (some people asking for support of this phone) but
> 	  we're still stuck in the registation process.

> 	- Cisco 7912G (i suspect it's similar to the 7940/7960 code)
		(and the 7905G is the same but without the switch)

And for those who don't keep up the 7920 and 7935/6 work (the 7920
apparently works well, don't know about the 7935)

> are still needed; we either got dumps for the other phones or even
> donations and we're still engineering some of the specifics of the
> phone models.
>
> I am currently rewriting the complete softkey handling, in terms to
> have access to Events from other Extensions (e.g. Zap/SIP/whatever).

> Any help is greatly appreciated.
As it is here.

Thanks,
Julien Goodwin