[Asterisk-Dev] Remote voicemail box

Chris Lee cslee-list at cybericom.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 09:30:20 MST 2004

Robert Jackson wrote:

> [...]
That will work but I believe that asterisk desperately needs a user
abstraction layer if it is to become properly scalable.
Things like mailboxes etc should be user(virtual extension) related not
physical extension related.
Ideally if a user logs on in the office or via the PSTN calls to their
extension should end up with them and in their voicemail if they are not
available.

Something like
mailbox=mailboxlookup(${NumberCalled})

with a user login attaching the users virtual extension and mailbox
(with location) to a physical extension/device.

Chris Lee