[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk-ohphone ... Couldn't send voice

VenkataRao Chimata chimata_venkat at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 8 13:37:53 MST 2004

Hi Sir

When I tried to establish a call between asterisk and
ohphone, I could n't listen
any sound on either side.
I did the following.

Firstly, at the command prompt of  asterisk I typed
the following.

 add extension 234,1,Dial,OH323/172.27.22.232 into
local

After this I started ohphone at the machine whose IP
is 172.27.22.232  and listening
for the calls.

Next at asterisk command prompt I typed Dial 234.
then I hear a beep sound at the asterisk and at the
ohphone I was asked to say y/n .
Obviously I typed y. And a message came like
connection is established with
asterisk. But when talk, the sound is not reached to
the other end. I am using alsa
sound drivers.

 Am I missing something.
Please help me