[Asterisk-Dev] need some suggestions

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 11:34:12 MST 2004

Gregory Junker wrote:

> My reply is somewhat off-topic to the thread, but....IPv6 is an answer
> to a problem that no longer exists...kinda like satellite phones when
> cell phones were just hitting critical mass. IPv6, while still
> sophisticated, has been marginalized by the fixes to NAT issues (such
> as NAT-T and even technologies like UPnP).

Greg may be right, but the reality is that several large corporations
and even some Government agencies (including US DoD) have stated they
intend to change to IPv6.  I believe some of them, DoD included, have
even set deadlines.

In other words, people will need IPv6 support in Asterisk sooner or
later, whether IPv6 itself is necessary or not.