[Asterisk-Dev] G.729 MIPS calculation

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 05:21:43 MST 2004

I just tried the IPP stuff on a HP DL140, dual 3.0GHz, the codec compile
is optimized for Xeon and statically linked.

'show translation recalc 200' showed me that compress from slinear to
G729 was 6ms and decompress was 1ms or less.

That's a total of 7ms to handle 1000ms of audio full duplex.

Does that mean that 1000ms / 7ms = 142 is the number of channels this
server could handle simultaneously, or is there other overhead to consider?