[Asterisk-Dev] Perl AGI + MySql Audio

Tim Mattison tim at marocon.com
Wed Nov 24 11:54:57 MST 2004

> Having said all that. If anyone has a good idea on how to have * playback
> audio from a variable - let me know.

As I said before I think your best move is to do a C application (Steve
suggested it as well).  In order to avoid moving the whole file across
your network at one shot the PostgreSQL large object interface supports
reading just parts of the data.  It's very much like the normal C file
system interface (open, read, read, read, close).

I know you're not using PostgreSQL currently but it might make your life
a lot easier.  Give it a shot if possible.