[Asterisk-Dev] Radius authentification and accounting

Maxim Litnitsky litnimax at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:23:19 MST 2004

As far as I know ast_data is for getting sip/iax/voicemail/extension
from database and has nothing to do with radius. There is some radius
applications  like http://appradius.minitelecom.org/. But I did not
manage to compile it.  The other way I tried was implementing radius
client from scratch via AGI interface  with PyRadius. But my billing
needed ip addresses to make authentication, and there was not ip in
AGI environment variables.  I decided to parse the channel name
variable and get  channel name from there (SIP/max-1234),  and then
get ip address  via asterisk console (sip  show  peers,sip show
registry), but did not have time to implement this. Can someone advise
a better way to get IP address in AGI ? If there exists any, radius
will not be a problem at all.