[Asterisk-Dev] Configurable SIP User Agent string

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 4 19:09:19 MST 2004

> Is there any chance somebody could make Asterisk's SIP User Agent
> string configurable, so Asterisk can masquerade as some other device?

why can't you use the useragent= in sip.conf
that will over ride DEFAULT_USERAGENT "Asterisk PBX"
..
but its in the general section seems we could move to each sip section
then you could have a differnt user agent for each sip device ..

it would be also kind nice set it in a var then use
pbx_builtin_getvar_helper to set default_useragent
looks like if that was done in the same place in chan_sip->sip_answer
as SIP_CODEC is set you could then control it from the dial plan