Subversion... was RE: [Asterisk-Dev] Solaris Port (was: asterisk-users: Re: Fedora Core 2 and Kernel 2.6)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 26 06:25:01 MST 2004

> One of the things recently that caught my attention that would be of use
> to people tracking private patches to asterisk is the ability to mirror
> the tree. There is even some tools to be able to do "offline" work where
> you make a personal mirror and work from there then merge your mirror
> back to the main repository when you are back "online".

For the Vexi project we are using Darcs -- it seems to work VERY well --
anyone can have their own repository and patches can be intermingled as it
keeps the context of every patch entered.

Downsides: It's written in haskell
Downsides: it's not at 1.0 yet

Despite those two downsides, we've been having great success.  Haskell's only
a downside since it's a pain to install unless you use the binary haskell
interpreter/compiler.

http://abridgegame.org/darcs/

Regards,
Andrew