[Asterisk-Dev] chan_sip2 outboundproxy

David Beckemeyer david at bdt.com
Fri Jun 4 10:01:24 MST 2004

Is there a description of the purpose of the 'outboundproxy' setting
in chan_sip2?

Looking at the source, it appears to only apply in registrations,
but I could easily be wrong.

What I'm looking for is something that uses an outbound proxy for all
outbound SIP dialogs.  I.e. Dial(SIP/sip:user at domain) gets sent to
the 'outboundproxy' host:port with a request-uri of sip:user at domain
instead of being sent directly to 'domain'.

I'm also getting parsing warnings from chan_sip2 when parsing the
sip.conf that appear to be bugs.  I'll diagnose these some more and
post the details when I determine what is going on (i,e. whether it
is just my problem).