[Asterisk-Dev] Redirecting a channel to an app without the dial plan?

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Fri Jun 4 07:53:53 MST 2004

I'm working on my conferencing addition to IAX2.  My goal is to be able to
send active channels to MeetMe when chan_iax2 receives a conference command.

I have the new command and IEs added to IAX and I can send the appropriate
message from my soft-client to the channel.  I am passing the call numbers
of the two calls to add to the conference.

I have figured out how to convert the call numbers to iax2_pvt structures
and grab the associated owner channel.  Now I need to know how to redirect
those channels to an application without going through the dial plan.  I
want to avoid the dial plan because I would like to see this function work
without any setup on the part of the end user.

My first inclination was to break the rules and execute the app MeetMe
directly in the channel, but that doesn't seem like a good idea.  Can
anybody give me a quick hint on how to take these calls (two calls, each
with two active, bridged channels) and redirect the various channels into
app_meetme?

In looking at the ast_async_goto function, it looks like it's quite easy to
redirect based on an extension/priority.  You just set the context,
extension, and priority into place and tell the active app to drop with a
soft hangup.  Can I somehow skip past the dialplan, set the app and data
fields, and turn it loose?

Thanks,

Steve

Steven Sokol