[Asterisk-Dev] chan_sip2 outboundproxy

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Jun 5 01:38:05 MST 2004

David Beckemeyer wrote:

> Is there a description of the purpose of the 'outboundproxy' setting
> in chan_sip2?
>
> Looking at the source, it appears to only apply in registrations,
> but I could easily be wrong.
>
> What I'm looking for is something that uses an outbound proxy for all
> outbound SIP dialogs.  I.e. Dial(SIP/sip:user at domain) gets sent to
> the 'outboundproxy' host:port with a request-uri of sip:user at domain
> instead of being sent directly to 'domain'.
That's the purpose, however, the outboundproxy support is not complete
yet. I did not figure out which packets to direct to the outbound proxy.
Maybe I should dig into this again.

> I'm also getting parsing warnings from chan_sip2 when parsing the
> sip.conf that appear to be bugs.  I'll diagnose these some more and
> post the details when I determine what is going on (i,e. whether it
> is just my problem).
I guess you are using "friends". If you are, don't worry. The warnings
come from peer settings that doesn't apply to the user half of your
friend configuration, or the opposit.

/O