[Asterisk-Dev] voicemail message number limits

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 10:54:51 MST 2004

On 25/07/2004 at 09:07 Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>Andy Powell wrote:
>
>> Before this thread turns into a complete yawnfest (oops too late) can I
>ask if it's safe to make the assumption that everything in the CVS source
>tree is GPL? IE  if I approached Digium/Mark with some code would he
>refuse to add it to CVS if it was not GPL (aside from the disclaimer
>issue)? Is the fact that it is in CVS indicative of it's licencing being
>GPL?
>
>He would refuse to merge it not because it wasn't distributed under the
>GPL, but because the copyright holder of that code had not signed over
>copyright of the code to Digium. If the copyright holder of that code is
>willing to sign over to Digium, then any license(s) that code may have
>been previously distributed under are completely irrelevant.

actually I was trying to get you all to ignore the disclaimer issue, but none of you did. However I think I get the picture... the fact that it *is* disclaimed gives Digium the right to release the code as they see fit, and Digium (at this time) wish that to be under the GPL ... which allows me the right to use it etc...

Thanks

Andy