[Asterisk-Dev] voicemail message number limits

dking at pimpsoft.com dking at pimpsoft.com
Sat Jul 24 19:31:21 MST 2004

Your not getting it.

If I as the owner of a software project can not stop a company from abusing the code or source or changing my license what makes you think Digum has the right to take the rights of people who code things and do the same? They cant.

Once GPLed software is always GPL. You can't take it out and if you could you would still be violating others rights to the source since by the GPL you cant not have people sing over there rights since the GPL explicitly states that you must give others the same rights you have. If you have no rights you must legally give others no rights, and as you can not have no rights under the GPL anything since it explicitly states you have the rights to it as the content creator saying you have no rights to the work you
did is invalid and illegal! Thus you can not legal give up your rights under the gpl and sign them over. You still have your rights to your work as anything signed over to digum is against the GPL and thus invalid as the GPL stands first.