[Asterisk-Dev] voicemail message number limits

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Jul 24 18:59:47 MST 2004

On Saturday 24 July 2004 22:03, dking at pimpsoft.com wrote:
> You just agreed Digium at any time can take Asterisk out of open source and
> make future versions proprietary no matter how much open source work is
> done on it

This is correct.  I see absolutely no problem with it.  ANY GPL project can do
this.  Any one.  Digium is just heading off any potential legal issues at the
head.

> Also your wrong on the idea that they have absolute control since I was in
> a similar problem with some of my own work
> designed/coded//invented/whatever by me and a company that stole the source
> code/design, violated my license, and used it both commercially and under a
> entirely different and incompatible license without following my terms.
> That is how I know what is illegal and what is not, I have first hand
> experience you all lack.

Um... What license is Digium violating?  None.  You sign away your rights to
the code you contribute but nobody's forcing you to contribute so it is your
choice to do so or not.

You are obviously unhappy with Digium and how they do business.  You are also
obviously in the minority.  Please leave.

-A.