[Asterisk-Dev] MWI Support In IAX2?

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Tue Jan 20 10:13:24 MST 2004

Mark's original message regarding IAX2 (dated Sun, 2 Mar 2003) indicated
that there would eventually be support for MWI in the IAX2 protocol.
Since that announcement I haven't found any further mention of
MWI-over-IAX2, except for an un-implemented IAX2 command:
IAX_COMMAND_MWI.  There doesn't appear to be anything in either libiax2
or chan_iax2 that supports the command.

Does this mean that MWI is not supported in the current IAX2
implementation?  Could we add it without breaking anything, or will that
need to go into IAX3 if/when it arrives?

Thanks,

Steven