[Asterisk-Dev] Current database abstraction effort ?

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Wed Jan 7 02:19:27 MST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:10:36AM -0800, Chris Albertson wrote:

> 2) Asterisk alread has the abilty to read config data from various
> different source but only the .conf source is implemented at this
> time.  You need to implement another source

My goal is not to provide a full replacement for configuration
files. Because most parts of it are quite static, and are really that,
configuration.

But for instance SIP and IAX clients list is not what I consider to be
"configuration" per se. I believe it's a normal behaviour to
add/remove them all day long. The same goes for call routing (note
that I'm not talking about "extensions", as Asterisk understands
them).

So rather than trying to find a way to put the whole config files in a
db (which wouldn't be difficult, but would not make sense), the idea
is more to make "fully dynamic" some parts of it.

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive