[Asterisk-Dev] Current database abstraction effort ?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 02:47:16 MST 2004

--- Nicolas Bougues <nbougues-listes at axialys.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:10:36AM -0800, Chris Albertson wrote:
> >
> > 2) Asterisk alread has the abilty to read config data from various
> > different source but only the .conf source is implemented at this
> > time.  You need to implement another source
> >

> My goal is not to provide a full replacement for configuration
> files. Because most parts of it are quite static, and are really
> that,
> configuration.

OK then you place an "INCLUDE=..." in say sip.conf
where the INCLUDE points to an ODBC data source and then the
new ODBC "parser" "reads" the data source and what ever it is
that called the .conf parser does not need to know about ODBC.

I think you will have best chance of success if you make the minimum
changes to Asterisk core code and confine most of the new code
to a loadable module.  Also this is extensable and alows users
to what config info goes where.

I still think the timming out of data should be done at a level
that does not "know" where the data came from,

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550