[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk and uClinux

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Dec 21 17:22:15 MST 2004

Philip Trauring wrote:

> I'm new to the dev list. I tried searching online about running
> Asterisk with uClinux and found very little. Is anyone successfully
> doing this? Is there some web page that will direct me on how to do
> this? I was very surprised that there was nothing on the voip-info.org
> web site that even mentioned uClinux. Surely I can't be the only one
> interested in this...

I have heard unconfirmed reports of * running on uCLinux, but it
definitely won't run on all versions with modification. Several people
have tried putting * on a Linksys WRT54G, and it doesn't work. It seems
nobody has yet made the effort to debug it, and publish the necessary
changes. It compiles. It loads. It runs. It fouls up, apparently
somewhere in the thread handling.

Steve