[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk and uClinux

Philip Trauring philip at trauring.com
Tue Dec 21 11:43:34 MST 2004

The uC in uClinux (http://www.uclinux.org/) stands for micro-controller
(the stylized u being mu in greek) and it is one of the major efforts
to run Linux in an embedded environment. It is not as simple as
installing Asterisk on a different distribution since uClinux runs on
systems without a Memory Management Unit (MMU) - as well as systems
that generally have limited storage and memory resources. That's why
I'm posting my query to the developer list.

Philip