[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk and uClinux

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 21 17:59:32 MST 2004

> I have heard unconfirmed reports of * running on uCLinux, but it
> definitely won't run on all versions with modification. Several people
> have tried putting * on a Linksys WRT54G, and it doesn't work. It seems
> nobody has yet made the effort to debug it, and publish the necessary
> changes. It compiles. It loads. It runs. It fouls up, apparently
> somewhere in the thread handling.
Well the pthread libs has been ported out to the openwrt project now
& asterisk has been compiled against that & seems to work ok
http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/ipkg/testing/20041213/
give it 2 sec run around the block
edit /etc/ipkg.conf
src nico http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/ipkg/stable
src nicotest http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/ipkg/testing

ipkg update
ipkg install asterisk
that also takes care of the pthread lib depends
edit /etc/modules/
noload chan_modem
asterisk -vvvgnc :)

also see the ipkg tracker at http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/tracker/
some ppl might like siproxd to take care of those nasty NAT's for SIP
http://nthill.free.fr/openwrt/tracker/packages/list.php?name=siproxd