[Asterisk-Dev] VoIP SPAM, what's next ?

Duane duane at e164.org
Wed Aug 11 05:05:52 MST 2004

Soren Rathje wrote:

> I see your point, but that would require everyone to register with e164.org (or similar), which is fine when the entire world has transformed into VoIP. But until then, there's going to be a lot of false hits using your method.

Actually it's going to be very difficult to blacklist VoIP spammers,
you'd have to black list based on IPs not numbers, and even then the
signaling host can be completely different from the media host, so all
those trojans out there now supporting spammers of the email kind could
perhaps get converted over to allow VoIP spam as well...

On the other hand VoIP spam is realistically a long way off except for
companies like Free World Dialup, where sequential numbering has been
issued...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the
stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence."