[Asterisk-Dev] Missing in action: call timer stats?

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Mon Aug 2 15:37:35 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 18:46, John Todd wrote:
> At 4:22 PM -0500 on 7/11/04, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> >On Sunday 11 July 2004 15:29, John Todd wrote:
> >>  In the "show channel" output of a particular channel, there is no
> >>  indication on how long that particular channel has existed (in
> >>  seconds.)  Am I just missing something here, or does this value not
> >>  make itself visible anywhere?   There is an unchanging value called
> >>  "Time to Hangup", but it doesn't seem to have much bearing on
> >>  reality.
> >>
> >>  So, this leaves two items for discussion:
> >>
> >>  1) Does a counter of "channel existence" seconds seem like a good
> >>  value to request as a feature addition in the "show channel"
> >>  summary?
> >
> >Sure; you could probably pull it out of the CDR structure
> >(chan->cdr->start.tv_sec).

I have submited a patch to Mantis (bug 2207) adding the seconds since
cdr->start on cli "show channel" and manager "status" commands.

It is only based on cdr->start so it can only show the timer for the
channel that started the call. (If I use my SIP phone to dial an
external number going via ZAP, the timer will be set only for the SIP
channel, not the ZAP channel also involved in the call). It would be
nice to have the timer in both channels... maybe someone with a clue can
extend/improve this little patch.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>