[Asterisk-Dev] switch => Parking/companya

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 28 04:57:33 MST 2004

Thank you for taking the time to explain these new features.  :-)

> Nope you could only park with 700 and have it read back the pbx selected
> parking slot.  You couldn't pick which one to park on.  Also the original
> method didn't work with native sip blind transfers while the new method
> does. (Other blind transfers will/should work also)

ahhhh, see now that is very important to me; you could easily write a macro
which you hit a magic park exension and it would park to a specific slot and
ring the user... very nice!

> > > [company1]
> > > switch => Parking/company1
> > >
> > > [company2]
> > > switch => Parking/company2
> > >
> > > Now company1 and company2 have their own parking lots. :)
> >
> > With that example you just gave, is it impossible to park a call somwhere
> > in
> > company1's parking lot and allow someone in the company2 context to get
> > to it?  Do they both work off the same parking.conf file?

> We added a lotname to the parkeduser struct.  So you can park a call on 701
> in company1's lot.  And someone in company2 could park someone in 701 also
> because they are two different lots.

Right; I understand that part -- it seems that those two parking lots are
forever separate -- there is no way to have someone at company1 pick up
someone in company2's parking lot.  Not saying that's a bad thing, I just
want to make sure I understand.  So long as everyone at your company includes
the same switch then they'll all have access to the same parking lot and you
can have anyone at your company pick up a call there.

> Think virtual PBX hosting where companies don't share a common parking lot.
> That's the excitement.  Plus show dialplan outputs this:

Yup I understand this part now.  :-)    Excellent work!

>   Alt. Switch =>    'Parking/mylot:30'

Alt. Switch??  Hmm I have a new feature to look up.

Regards,
Andrew