[Asterisk-Dev] switch => Parking/companya

brian brian at bkw.org
Tue Apr 27 21:28:26 MST 2004

> Ok... but couldn't you do that already ("Bob, you're 701, Mary you're
> 702..." ??)

Nope you could only park with 700 and have it read back the pbx selected
parking slot.  You couldn't pick which one to park on.  Also the original
method didn't work with native sip blind transfers while the new method
does. (Other blind transfers will/should work also)

> > [company1]
> > switch => Parking/company1
> >
> > [company2]
> > switch => Parking/company2
>
> > Now company1 and company2 have their own parking lots. :)
>
> With that example you just gave, is it impossible to park a call somwhere
> in
> company1's parking lot and allow someone in the company2 context to get to
> it?  Do they both work off the same parking.conf file?

Not exactly.

We added a lotname to the parkeduser struct.  So you can park a call on 701
in company1's lot.  And someone in company2 could park someone in 701 also
because they are two different lots.

> John's post seems to indicate that any undefined extension can be used as
> parking extension -- how is this configured in parking.conf differently
> than
> what we had yesterday?  I feel like I'm missing an important step.

I'm waiting on input from mark about a few things but It think the final
version will just parking_start and parking_start just like we always have.

So company1 could have 701-720 and company2 could have 701-720 also since we
pass the lot name in the switch statement they go off to unique lots and
don't cross up.

> Forgive me for being so dense, I'm just trying to grasp the greatness
> achieved
> here.  You certainly seem excited about it so I'm trying ot share in that
> excitement.  :-)

Think virtual PBX hosting where companies don't share a common parking lot.
That's the excitement.  Plus show dialplan outputs this:

  Alt. Switch =>    'Parking/mylot:30'

Parks calls in mylot with a 30 second timeout.

Just gotta work on a few tweaks and its golden.

bkw