[Asterisk-Dev] switch => Parking/companya

brian brian at bkw.org
Wed Apr 28 10:29:01 MST 2004

Ok after talking to a few users of normal PBX's this is the way I think it
could work.

Current call parking as it is in asterisk isn't very sip friendly.  And you
can't natively park a call without using some parkandannounce hack, which
isn't very elegant.  I have also looked at how Cisco Call Manager does it
and it allows absolute parking to a slot in the defined parking range.

Now this is what I am looking at and I want to know if others agree:

Example bob parks a call using a blind transfer to 704,  Mary tries to park
a call on 704 it should return a busy and not bridge the two calls.  To
pickup the call you would dial *704,  Mary would get a busy and would be
able to take the call back and transfer to 705 or some other slot.

7XX to park
*7XX to pickup
(these would be definable ranges like ccm does)

On a 7960 for example it would just fail if you tried to park two calls on
top of each other and you could just hit resume, more and blind transfer
again to a different slot.  Both parking options should be available
shouldn't they?  And let the PBX installer/user pick the one that the
customer wishes to use?

Input anyone?

Thanks,
Brian