[Asterisk-Dev] switch => Parking/companya

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Apr 27 21:11:35 MST 2004

> You can transfer a call to 701 you just blind transfer it to 701 and it
> will park,  If you transfer another caller to 701 while a call is parked it
> will bridge those calls up.  Which is how the current parking works :P  and
> since the lot can be as big as needed you can just say "Bob your parking
> exten is 701, Mary your's is 702.."  and so on.  It has one problem that
> I'm going to talk to anthm about tomorrow.

Ok... but couldn't you do that already ("Bob, you're 701, Mary you're
702..." ??)

> [company1]
> switch => Parking/company1
>
> [company2]
> switch => Parking/company2

> Now company1 and company2 have their own parking lots. :)

With that example you just gave, is it impossible to park a call somwhere in
company1's parking lot and allow someone in the company2 context to get to
it?  Do they both work off the same parking.conf file?

John's post seems to indicate that any undefined extension can be used as a
parking extension -- how is this configured in parking.conf differently than
what we had yesterday?  I feel like I'm missing an important step.

Forgive me for being so dense, I'm just trying to grasp the greatness achieved
here.  You certainly seem excited about it so I'm trying ot share in that
excitement.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew