[Asterisk-Dev] Who is developing Shadydial?

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Thu Apr 15 06:56:58 MST 2004

Hello,

If you are considering using Shadydial in the USA, here are a few things to
think about:

1. There is now a requirement for answered calls that don't go to agent
within 2 seconds to have a recording played with the name and phone number
of the company that is calling them. Here's the text from the FTC site:

	You must "play a recorded message stating the name and telephone
number of the seller on whose behalf the call was placed whenever a live
sales representative is unavailable within two seconds of a live person
answering the call."

2. You must also have an abandon rate of less than 3 percent of all calls
answered by a live person, and have the logs to prove it.

3. It is also now required that you send a full callerID of a real phone
number that the consumer can call back at a later time and request to be put
on your company's do not call list.

The FTC has levied millions of dollars in fines for non-compliance with
these regulations in just the last 4 months, so this is something you should
take very seriously if you are calling people in the US.

If you are in the US and want to use an experimental predictive dialer(or
any predictive dialer for that matter) you should take a look at the FTC
compliance page:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/tsrcomp.htm

I looked into all of these regulations when my company started outbound
dialing all of it's customers. We settled on a non-predictive dialer, but
that was mostly decided on a business needs basis. We use the Asterisk-based
VICIDIAL system that is part of the astguiclient package:
http://astguiclient.sf.net/
We have had a maximum of 60 agents on calls at one time using three asterisk
servers on the system and it works just fine.

MATT---