[Asterisk-Dev] Call-Center with Asterisk

Mouhamed Mahi SY msy at chaka.sn
Thu Apr 15 05:54:51 MST 2004

Asterisk is the easiest way to build a Callcenter Using SIP and Zap with a
PSTN line
Here is  a basic way I took to make it run

1-Fisrt of all use the sip.conf file to create the operators as Peers like
this:

[1211]

username=1211

secret=1211

host=dynamic

mailbox=1211

[1212]

username=1212

secret=1212

mailbox=1212

host=dynamic

[1213]

username=1213

secret=1213

mailbox=1213

host=dynamic

[1214]

username=1214

secret=1214

host=dynamic

2-Then use the SIP Library with Jbuilder to develop a little SIP client
which is able to answer, hold, transfer and record call.
3-Deploy the client in each computer you plan to use as operator position
for the callcenter with SIP account you already created.

4-In /var/lib/asterisk/sounds record two audio file (welcome.gsm and
bye.gsm)

5-In your extensions.conf file add this:
;Call Center

exten => s,1,Playback(welcome)

exten =>
s,2,Dial(SIP/1211&SIP/1213&SIP/1212&SIP/1214&SIP/1215&SIP/1216&ZAP/2,15)

exten => s,3,Playback(bye)

5-That's all

I use an E 100P or T 100P for incoming  lines
You can add a TDM 400P if you want to use phone as operator position