[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk + Fritz!PCI + CAPI

Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) lwc at roke.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 05:38:25 MST 2004

Hi Ronan, folks,
   The Fritz card works for me with RH9 and chan_capi 031.
It has proved to be a *great deal* more rock solid than others;
(for analogue lines the S100/WC101, or even the Linejack).

The ONLY issue I have is that I don't get ringing dialback so
calling out gives a silence until the other party picks up
(plus the recent changes to locks in * required a tweak to the
  chan_capi source to match).

You have set your config up to support more than one B channel, I hope?
If only one number is always used to dial out, then this might be a
problem
(it was for me until I actually read the documentation and set it right
:).

You don't say what your ISDN connection is; it seems that some ISDN
PBXes
take a considerable time to clear the remote call and will not respond
correctly to a new call request until this is done.

In short, the Fritz card, RH9, chan_capi 031, and a recent * CVS load
works fine here (running on an Old Dell - 450 MHz PIII with 256 MB RAM).

I'm currently connected to a Siemens HiPath ISPBX, but have also tried
a British Telecom BRI line; all work.

all the best,
   Lawrence