[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk + Fritz!PCI + CAPI

Ronan GUILLOU ronan.guillou at centile.com
Thu Apr 15 05:11:37 MST 2004

I'm currently testing the setup Asterisk+CAPI+AVM Fritz!PCI v2.0 -
Single span BRI-ISDN-S/T card" on a Linux RedHat 9.

After a successful install, I have done some successfull outgoing and
incoming calls.

Digging a little bit more, I have nevertheless observed some issues  :
        -1) sometimes "chan_capi" module fails to write in the pipe
        and I get the following error :
          chan_capi.c pipe_frame : wrote -1 bytes instead of 40

        -2) chan_capi.c
        when I repeat the following operation several times
                - making an outgoing call to the PSTN
                - the remote phone starts ringing
                - I hangup locally
                - the remote phone stops ringing
        I sometimes the call fails with the following error :
          "capi_request : didn't find device with
outgoing                       msn=0492919590.
you should check your config"
        I sounds like all the call context are still busy and not
released
immidiately after the hangup. Then i waiting a few seconds, i am able
again to make outgoing calls.

Has anyone tested a releable BRI hardware for asterisk ?