[Asterisk-Dev] Reload drops registrations in current CVS

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Apr 15 11:45:56 MST 2004

Brian Capouch wrote:

> Stop the server and when it is restarted registrations work just fine.
>
> Do a "reload" and at least all the IAX registrations immediately drop
> "Rejected"
>
> Stop the server and when it is restarted registrations work just fine.
>

> Do a "reload" and at least all the IAX registrations immediately drop
> "Rejected"

Hmm. I don't know IAX that well, but for the record, this is how the SIP
channel handles the situation:

* Start asterisk
* SIP channel opens for business
* SIP clients (non-dynamic) registers
* Manager reloads
* SIP clients under qualification become UNREACHABLE

This is until we check them again or they re-register. So a SIP channel
reload temporarily makes SIP peers unreachable.

Also note that registred SIP peers are not reconfigured, they stay in
the same configuration state as they were before the reload. If you
want to reconfigure a registred peer, only a restart will work.
This also applies to template changes in chan_sip2, by the way.

I'm sure this doesn't help you with IAX, but I got the chance to reply :-)

Greetings from SAAB-land :-) My 9-5 says hello...
/O