[Asterisk-Dev] TE405P *hardware* question

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Tue Apr 13 10:32:37 MST 2004

Hi,

As I checked out Xilinx's datasheets CPLD used for TE410P's PCI bridge is Spartan II-E family which is maximum 3.3V
capable, while regular Spartan-II family (which is, I think, used for TE405P) is supports both 3.3 and 5V for I/O pins,
but requires different termination for each voltage. I don't have TE405P, but as I remember there was a sort of problems
with some chipsets. May be TE410P have ones too but they are not reproducible because "ugly" chipset (or motherboard
vendors) isn't support 3.3V for this chipset.

So, I think, the problem is different termination of I/O blocks at the Xilinx for 3.3 and 5 V for Spartan-II family.

WBR,
Paul.