[Asterisk-Dev] TE405P *hardware* question

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Apr 13 09:24:20 MST 2004

Is there a specific design issue with making the TE405P a universal 3.3V/5V
product?  I've done a cursory review of the Xilinx part and it seems that it
should be just fine to plug in to a 3V or 5V PCI slot, if I take a hacksaw
and create the appropriate key.

I haven't yet traced out the VIO pins to make sure that the Spartan will
honour the PCI bus voltage.

Yes I am almost willing to sacrifice a $1500 card at this point in time.  :-)

Can anyone who is familliar with the hardware design of this product explain
why there are separate 3V and 5V cards?  Hell even the X101P and TDM400P are
dual-voltage capable, what is preventing it on the quad T1/E1 cards?

Regards,
Andrew