[Asterisk-Dev] embedded os recommendation

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Sat Apr 10 09:51:20 MST 2004

I am working on an IAX2/SIP type of external gateway.
The major hardware chunks are in place, now it is time to pick an os.

Most of my experience has been with netbsd.  I have done some work
fixing very broke linux drivers.

Here are my needs:

1.  good powerpc support (they all seem to have this)
2.  lean and mean. Keep cost down but performance up.
3.  easy to integrate with * code.    The goal is to compile major
     chunks of code from an * source tree.  Try to keep this widget
     as open as possible.

There seems to be sooooo many choices.  My head hurts.

netbsd, openbsd, freebsd, linux

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option