[Asterisk-Dev] editline configure problems/bug?

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Sat Apr 10 07:05:42 MST 2004

Compiling the lastest asterisk cvs I ran into a set of problems
compiling editline.

Doing a asterisk make failed in the editline config process.

#1. /editline/configure

ac_config_guess=$ac_aux_dir/config.guess

failed, adding back ticks seemed to help

ac_config_guess=`$ac_aux_dir/config.guess`

#2.
Once I got the above working ....

if ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} $ac_config_sub $ac_config_guess >/dev/null 2>&1

Still failed. Must not be the only one because the file that checked out
from cvs had "sun4" instead of "$ac_config_guess"

So I had to do the same and put something there that config.sub would
reconize, replaced "$ac_config_guess" with "pentium2"

#3.
Then config did not reconize my host so had to do a
"/editline/configure i686" first before running asterisk make.

Once got thru the above everything compiled fine.

running Rh7.3 /asterisk cvs 04/09/04
config.guess = i686-pc-linux-gnu