[Asterisk-Dev] Can't get TDMoE to work

Patrice Vital patvital at optonline.net
Fri Apr 9 10:34:09 MST 2004

Hi all,
http://www.convergence.com.pk/TDMoE-HOWTO

After following this How-to from the link above, and verify my config
files for the Nth times that
they are correct as per the instructions ( and yes I made sure I'm using
the mac of the OTHER server in my zaptel.conf ),
I'm still getting nowhere in trying to bring the TDMoE span up. when I
invoke ztcfg on the server containing the zaptel interface, I keep
getting the following error message in the /var/log/messages:

Apr  9 13:03:29 pc130 insmod: Warning: loading
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14smp/misc/ztd-eth.o will taint the kernel: no license
Apr  9 13:03:29 pc130 insmod:   See
http://www.tux.org/lkml/#export-tainted for information about tainted
modules
Apr  9 13:03:29 pc130 insmod: Module ztd-eth loaded, with warnings
Apr  9 13:03:29 pc130 kernel: TDMoE: Invalid MAC address in:
eth0/00:a0:24:4a:14:17
Apr  9 13:03:29 pc130 kernel: Driver 'eth' (Ethernet) rejected address
'eth0/00:a0:24:4a:14:17'

I could notice 2 issues on the above, one a license complaint and an
invalid ( and rejected )MAC address complaint.

The instruction from the above link states to "load the appropriate
modules" and since I'm new to Asterisk I was wondering if someone can
explicitly tell me which driver ( and the sequence ) to load to get
TDMoE to work successfully.
Or, is it a bug under the following SMP kernel:

[root at pc130 log]# uname -a
 Linux pc130 2.4.18-14smp #1 SMP Wed Sep 4 12:34:47 EDT 2002 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks

Pat

here are my zaptel and zapata files:

Server with Asterisk hardware - Zaptel.conf:

fxsks=1
fxoks=2
fxoks=3
# testing the TDMoE feature of Asterisk
# make sure you use MAC of other server
dynamic=eth,eth0/00:a0:24:4a:14:17,24,0
e&m=4-27
loadzone=us
#loadzone=it
#loadzone=fr
#loadzone=de
#loadzone=uk
#loadzone=fi
#loadzone=jp
#loadzone=sp
#loadzone=no
defaultzone=us

and Zapata.conf:
 Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file for a simple home Dev system

[channels]
busydectect=1
busycount=7

musiconhold=default