[Asterisk-Dev] Like a Heartbeat for *

Peter Brown peterabrown at froggy.com.au
Sun Sep 14 15:36:24 MST 2003

On this topic, is it possible to know that the internet has poor call
quality at present - or at certain times during the day - and route callers
via PSTN (ISDN)?

At 23:41 14/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>> two small scripts to verify that * runs ok (doing ps -ax, querying * thru
>> manager 5038, etc). Now, I think that it's time to build a unique heartbeat
>> application, isn't it?
>
>I think it is an important point to make * reliable. But there are
differents sort of things to probe in *:
>-channels are the most important one I think (probe that * is running and
is able to accept calls through sip/iax or h323 channel per example)
>-another thing important is to be sure that all applications are working
(the other day I had all the system down due to too many file handles open,
so all AGI were not working)
>-another one is to probe if it is not caused by one of the provider (a
link like E1 or internet provider is down...).

>For the moment I don't know if the system has to be maid from the inside
of *, or if it should be an outside program, but some probes can only be
maid from the inside like checking the apps.