[Asterisk-Dev] Like a Heartbeat for *

Miroslaw KLABA totoro at ovh.net
Sun Sep 14 14:41:39 MST 2003

Hello,

> two small scripts to verify that * runs ok (doing ps -ax, querying * thru
> manager 5038, etc). Now, I think that it's time to build a unique heartbeat
> application, isn't it?

I think it is an important point to make * reliable. But there are differents sort of things to probe in *:
-channels are the most important one I think (probe that * is running and is able to accept calls through sip/iax or h323 channel per example)
-another thing important is to be sure that all applications are working (the other day I had all the system down due to too many file handles open, so all AGI were not working)
-another one is to probe if it is not caused by one of the provider (a link like E1 or internet provider is down...).

For the moment I don't know if the system has to be maid from the inside of *, or if it should be an outside program, but some probes can only be maid from the inside like checking the apps.

Miro